Student’s grades and attendance information all in one secure, easy-to-use web site.
With the Parent/Student Portal, you can:
- Follow your student’s progress throughout the school year online in one secure, convenient location
- Access your student’s individual course assignments and teacher information
- View your student’s grades, attendance information and student schedule
- Communicate with teachers and learn more about your student’s individual workload and responsibilities
- Helpful Videos: Basic Navigation | Linking more than one student to your account | The Digital Bridge
Creating a Parent Portal Account
New Horizons offers parents a “Parent Portal” that enables parents to see their child’s attendance, grades, assignments, and other academic information online. Each parent/guardian creates his/her own account and is provided an Access ID and Password for accessing the child’s information from the child’s school. Please note that if you created a parent portal account last school year, your user name and password are still valid and you do not need to create a new one. If you have forgotten your account information, you can use the “Having trouble logging in?” link to retrieve your information.
To create your account, complete the following steps:
Open the internet browser on your computer
- Type https://powerschool.nhrec.us/public/ into the address bar
- Click the link to Create Account
- Enter the requested information in the Create Parent/Guardian Account section
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your Email Address
- A Desired User Name (no special characters)
- A Password
- Re-enter the Password
- Enter the student’s name, access ID, the access password, and the relationship with the student in the Link Students to Account section. Click Enter You will be re-directed to a new login screen where you will enter the login User Name and Password you created and click Submit.
Please keep your User Name and Password confidential so only you can access the information. If you have questions regarding your child’s information or have problems accessing the site,please contact our registrar at 757-766-1100 ext. 3307 or by email at Virginia.firstname.lastname@example.org.