Research Methodology & Ethics
Research Methodology & Ethics (4610) 1 weighted high school credit
This course is an introductory course on scientific research that will emphasize empirical research, the importance of literature reviews, research design choices, data collection methods, data analysis methods (including statistical analysis), and ethics. We will explore what makes research claims strong and valid or weak and questionable.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from George Mason University in 2015
- M.S. in Applied and Computational Mathematics from the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2011
- B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2009
- Since graduating in 2015, Dr. Schmidt has taught at Hampton University, Christopher Newport University, Old Dominion University, and Thomas Nelson Community College.
- Dr. Schmidt started at The Governor’s School for Science and Technology in 2021
- Dr. Schmidt loves teaching. When she’s not working, she enjoys gardening, birdwatching, and powerlifting