MECHATRONICS – #8554/#8555/#8556
- Special Opportunity limited to 16 students: TNCC Mechatronics program taught at NHREC Butler Farm Campus.
- Students earn 22 dual enrollment credits (free), College Certificate of Studies while earning high school diploma, and Siemen Certification.
- Mechatronics prepares students for advanced mechanical/electrical industry technician jobs that design, install, maintain, repair, or troubleshoot manufacturing systems.
- Salary is $36,000 – $40,000. High demand high growth employment (16% growth to 2024) with Cannon North America and other manufacturing companies.
- This is a one year (two semester course)
The Mechatronics course is dual enrolled with Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC) for 22 credits and students are required by Virginia’s Community Colleges to take the TNCC English and Math placement test to be considered for acceptance.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Students will be required to do tool training which will exposure them to lifting and handling metal on various occasions. Students will learn to solder and use special chemicals to help clean surface area. Students will be asked to compete in a district competition if they win the classroom competition. Districts may be out of the school building and are primarily on a Saturday.
CAMPUS LOCATION: Butler Farm, Hampton, VA
CLASS SIZE: 16 students
DUAL ENROLLMENT: 22 credits (TNCC)
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI)
Siemens Level 1 Mechatronics Systems Certification
STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS: Skills USA
|Student Organization Fee||$17.00|
INSTRUCTOR: The Mechatronics program consists of 8 different courses which are taught by various different TNCC instructors.
Manufacturing Production Technician
|Career||State Employment Growth |
10 year projection
|2015 National Median Salary|
|Industrial Engineering Technician||21%||$53,780|
Thomas Nelson Community College (TNCC)